Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wine Wednesday Hiatus

There will be no Wine Wednesday review this week - I was planing on enjoying another TX Malbec this week but that got interrupted.

In fact, I struggle to write this -- I really am struggling as I am not supposed to use my left arm, and I prefer to type two-handed.

I have been struggling on and off since February with a problem in my left shoulder. I thought I had licked it, but it reappeared a few weeks ago. I went back to my old treatment and soldiered on, hoping it would subside. And it did, for about three days. Luckily, one of those days was the grape stomps I attended this past weekend. However, I woke up Sunday morning with the pain back, and it progressively worsened through very early Tuesday morning. The pain got so bad I couldn't put any pressure on it.

I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon to be told I have tendinitis in my shoulder -- right at the joint where four major muscles meet (all of who have been in pain for days). I was given a few strict orders. The main one was not to use it for a few days and then SLOWLY start using it again. That has put a bit of a crimp in about everything.

But the best of all, at least to help me, is my medication. I was given a cortisone shot and prescribed an anti-inflammatory. They have done wonders. However, they restrict drinking. That would be fine, except I need a bit of help with the pain at night, in order to sleep. That has come at a steep price. The painkiller, much like Valium with Alieve thrown in, recommends no alcohol during use. Since I would normally drink in the evenings with dinner (at least during the week), that makes it next to impossible to spend time with a wine.

This leads to one thing: no Wine Wednesday. I hope to see some major improvements by the weekend, which should bode well for next week.

Until then, cheers,
Robin. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving the information. It's very helpful for me.
    santa barbara wine tours are the #1 attraction for visitors to Santa Barbara and we are the #1 Wine Tour Company. We run daily wine tours from Santa Barbara to the Santa Ynez Valley. Our wine tasting tours are the best, they are fun, educational, and comfortable. Discover wine tours Santa Barbara style.
    Friends, if you like to know more about santa barbara wine tours. please visit our website

    ReplyDelete