Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wine Wednesday Hiatus

There will be no Wine Wednesday review this week - I was planing on enjoying another TX Malbec this week but that got interrupted.

In fact, I struggle to write this -- I really am struggling as I am not supposed to use my left arm, and I prefer to type two-handed.

I have been struggling on and off since February with a problem in my left shoulder. I thought I had licked it, but it reappeared a few weeks ago. I went back to my old treatment and soldiered on, hoping it would subside. And it did, for about three days. Luckily, one of those days was the grape stomps I attended this past weekend. However, I woke up Sunday morning with the pain back, and it progressively worsened through very early Tuesday morning. The pain got so bad I couldn't put any pressure on it.

I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon to be told I have tendinitis in my shoulder -- right at the joint where four major muscles meet (all of who have been in pain for days). I was given a few strict orders. The main one was not to use it for a few days and then SLOWLY start using it again. That has put a bit of a crimp in about everything.

But the best of all, at least to help me, is my medication. I was given a cortisone shot and prescribed an anti-inflammatory. They have done wonders. However, they restrict drinking. That would be fine, except I need a bit of help with the pain at night, in order to sleep. That has come at a steep price. The painkiller, much like Valium with Alieve thrown in, recommends no alcohol during use. Since I would normally drink in the evenings with dinner (at least during the week), that makes it next to impossible to spend time with a wine.

This leads to one thing: no Wine Wednesday. I hope to see some major improvements by the weekend, which should bode well for next week.

Until then, cheers,
Robin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment