Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Allure of the Dark Images of Fly Gap's Lights Out



Lights Out in normal light

Saturated earth, rich and dark, spills
out between golden and green grasses.
A smell of life not yet born
stirs me, draws me forward.

Limestone crests break free
from the heavy expanses of fresh turned soil.
Gritty and strong, they stand
For me to grasp and hold tight.

From purple to black, the sky deepens,
swells to embrace the horizon and beyond.
The night settles about me,
gently drapes me:

I close my eyes, relax,
Lights Out under blacklight
let the moment overcome me. 




**NOTE: This poem was written just after tasting Dank: Lights Out from Fly Gap Winery. The wine is made from 71% Syrah from Mason country and the rest Mourevdre. The Mason County Syrah is the dominant factor here. For me, the wine smell and tasted like Mason. This poem tries to capture that.

No comments:

Post a Comment